Rent & Utility Assistance
St. Vincent's provides emergency financial assistance to individuals and families suffering financial hardship. These services are currently available for residents of St. Joseph County.
A staff member meets with the person in need to determine need and to help make a plan to address that need. Once determined, SVdP is able to offer rent and utility assistance.
Sign-up days for Rent and Utilities Assistance will be scheduled twice each month. These sign-up days will take place at the SVdP Center, 520 Crescent Avenue (Directions). The dates for sign-up are the 2nd & 4th Mondays of each month. At that time we schedule appointments for the following two weeks.
This service is offered on a first come, first served basis. Since the number of clients served is limited, it is recommended that you arrive by the scheduled time on the scheduled date.
You will need to bring the following with you to the sign-up:
- Note from the Trustee’s
- Photo Identification & Proof of Address
- Photo ID/ Social Security Card or birth certificate for each member of the household
- Current Utility Bill/Rental Agreement
- Substantiation of all income sources for any member of the household including but not limited to those items listed below:
Earnings/ Unemployment Benefits/ Child Support/ SSI/SSDI / TANF/ SS Retirement/ VA Pension/ EITC
- Note with a Referral from a St. Vincent Conference (if applicable)
Budgeting Assistance, Job Searches & Resume Creation services are also available by appointment.
These services are provided in part through CSBG funds provided by Real Services, Inc.